New Accenture research shows that while both TV and digital drive sales, Canadian advertisers are overinvested in digital and underinvested in TV – and missing out on significant revenue as a result.
The Moneyball Moment for Marketing in Canada is a comprehensive attribution study covering $3 Billion in media spend across 100+ brands. The research evaluates the sales ROI of different media and identifies next steps for Marketers looking to drive additional sales.
Five important insights arose from the study:
- Canadian companies can justify an increase in their overall media spend
- TV has a significant halo effect on digital media performance
- Major brands are underinvesting in TV
- TV provides strongest upside on the next dollar spent
- There is untapped value in long form digital video content (LFVC)