- TV has unbeatably fast reach and scale: broadcast TV reaches up to 19 million Australians every week.1
- TV advertising works: TV delivers advertisers a bigger return on investment than any other media.
- TV is everywhere: Around 2% of the total hours of television consumed by Australians in an average week are via their connected devices.2
- TV works for longer: TV ads stay in consumers memories for longer than ads on online-only platforms.
- TV is loved: Australians spend on average 73 hours and 51 minutes a month watching broadcast TV.3
- TV makes brands famous: TV is the ultimate brand-builder.
- TV is the great entertainer: watching TV is Australians’ No.1 entertainment activity.
- TV has professionally-produced, brand-safe content.
- TV reaches millennials: 62.9% of people aged 18-24 and 75.9% of people aged 25-39 watch broadcast TV every week.1
- TV has unmissable moments: Our top 50 programs all delivered audiences in excess of 1.7 million viewers.
- TV has Australian content: Commercial broadcasters invest $2.4 billion in Australian content and all of our top 25 programmes are produced here.
For even more facts and figures about the benefits of TV, click here.
1. Q3 2018 Oztam and Regional TAM databases with overlap homes de-duplicated. Average 1-minute weekly cumulative reach across the population in Oztam and Regional TAM coverage areas. Includes live viewing and playback through the TV set at the time it is watched. Time bands use the industry standard 26-hour TV clock: 0200-2600; 2am to 2am.
2. ThinkTV Fact Pack H1, 2018.
3. Q3 2018 Consolidated 28 day combined Oztam and Regional TAM databases with overlap homes de-duplicated. Average time spent viewing (ATV 0200-2600) across the population in V homes with metered markets.